You know, life has been pretty great for me. Everything has been working out and I've just been happy.
I guess that threw the universe off balance because yesterday I had a bad day.
Like a legit "everything that could go wrong did" bad day.
I mean just until my date with Sean, which ended up great and happy and I loved it.
But before 4:00 when he came to meet my parents I was having a very bad day.
How did I know it was a bad day?
Well first of all I woke up earlier than normal..
That's never good.
I know what you're thinking...
"But Kayli, people are always happier when they wake up earlier! You get more done and you feel better all day!!"
Do you know what happened because I woke up early?
I had to do the dishes!
Granted, it was because I forgot to do them last night, but if I had slept in I wouldn't have been told to do them before my mom made breakfast.
Nobody should ever have to do dishes on an empty stomach.
Like ever.
I bet you're wondering why I woke up early if it causes such problems?
I didn't really wake up super early.. just like 7:30-ish.
I needed to look cute before 11 because I was going to Les Mis with my roommate.
Ok normally I'd really look forward to this but not today.. err I mean yesterday.
I had a hot date at 4 and I didn't really want to do anything else that day. I wanted to get ready for my date without any problems.
But I kinda promised her I'd go to Les Mis with her and my date was supposed to be on Thursday, not Friday. We didn't really say Friday we'd go to Les Mis for certain, I just told her I couldn't on Thursday.... So when she told me she got Friday tickets after I found out that was when my date was I kinda started to stress.
Why do people always ask to hang out with me anyways? I can't possibly be that fun to be with.
I already told her and Sean yes. I couldn't bail on Sean because I'm kinda in love with him. Plus he would be leaving the next day. I couldn't keep putting off spending time with my roommate because I kinda always chose to spend time with Sean instead of her at college, plus she isn't going to be at Snow next semester.
So we have ourselves a real dilemma...
I told her I had to be back at 4 and she said she got us tickets for the 12:00 showing.. which means it would give me barely enough time to get home before Sean. Barely.
That meant that I had to get ready for my date like 9 hours before it started.
So I had to wake up early...
So I had to go pick up my roommate from Pleasant Grove which is like 30 minutes away.
So I gave myself 45 minutes because of the snow.. At least that's what I was planning....
I was suppose to be at her house at 11:30 so at 10:45 I asked my mom what car I could drive.
Then she says:
"Well none of them have gas in them so you have to fill them up. You can take Hammy if you fill him up though, and you might need to scrape off the windows."
Hammy is our little red car, short for Hamilton.
And this is what he looked like when I went outside to get in..
That's just a picture of another car, I didn't actually take this picture. It was what Hammy looked like though..
So I go to scrape off the windows... I had to step in snow that was waist high.
I'm not even exaggerating. the bottom of my jacket was covered in snow.
and my pants were now soaked...
As if that doesn't happen enough.
It took me a few tries to open the door... as the snow was in the way. With a few back and forth pumps I got it open enough to slide in.
Then I put my stuff in and ran to get my mom's credit card because my parents pay for my gas.. Me being a spoiled little rich girl and all.
There was one problem.. I had to return the card after I got the gas.
Not what I wanted to hear at 10:55
Went and got gas and started driving towards the freeway when I remember I'm supposed to return the card to my mom.
The time is now 11:04
I had to drive like 2 more minutes before I could turn around. Then I head back home and park in the driveway James Bond style.
I run out of the car and up our walkway to our door.
I check my phone before I turn the corner to see how much time I have left.
11:11
Make a wish!!!!
I then kiss my phone and wish to make it to Les Mis on time..
This is when I fail to turn the corner and instead fall on my side.
Hard.
This is when I knew I was having a bad day..
I opened the door, stomped in, handed the card to my mom, and said,
"I'm having a bad day!"
Then I stomped out and drove to Pleasant Grove.
I had Googled the directions to my roommates house. Apparently Google uses roads that only wizards know about or something because I drove past 1300 E three times without seeing it before I gave up and took a parallel road.
I hit every red light too.
Because it's in the Law of Irony that if you're running late you hit every red light. And if you need to send a text you get all greens.
True story.
Anyways.. I checked my phone at 11:25 because I told her I'd be there at 11:15 and I see that she called me twice.
I then call her and she tells me that she looked at the wrong day for the times. They got us tickets for the 11:30 showing.
Five minutes till it starts and I'm still not even at her house.
I finally found it at 11:38
We drive to the theater and get there at around 12.
So I still haven't seen the beginning half hour of Les Mis...
The good thing though was that it ended half an hour earlier.
Meaning I would have a half an hour to get ready before my date.
Oh wait!!! When I dropped off my roommate I told her I could come in but only for like 2 seconds.
So she pulls out a game and I felt like it'd be rude to leave so I played.
Then I get a text from Sean saying he was headed toward my place from Highland.
So I took that as my cue to leave.
As soon as her friends moved their car from behind me.
As soon as they got directions to their own houses..
Which only took 5 extra minutes.
I was now racing Sean to my house.
Luckily I called Roxie and she was a doll who cleaned up the treacherous land that is the bathroom.
Luckily my front room was cleaned.. Other than Bryce's Lego creation.
Oh well
He got there like 5 minutes after me.
I ran from the door when he knocked so I could put on mascara since I lost it all watching Les Mis.
I also earned a headache since I cried when I wasn't properly hydrated.
Thank goodness Sean's hugs take away my headaches.
That is when my bad day came to a close.
Thank goodness :)
True story.
Anyways.. I checked my phone at 11:25 because I told her I'd be there at 11:15 and I see that she called me twice.
I then call her and she tells me that she looked at the wrong day for the times. They got us tickets for the 11:30 showing.
Five minutes till it starts and I'm still not even at her house.
I finally found it at 11:38
We drive to the theater and get there at around 12.
So I still haven't seen the beginning half hour of Les Mis...
The good thing though was that it ended half an hour earlier.
Meaning I would have a half an hour to get ready before my date.
Oh wait!!! When I dropped off my roommate I told her I could come in but only for like 2 seconds.
So she pulls out a game and I felt like it'd be rude to leave so I played.
Then I get a text from Sean saying he was headed toward my place from Highland.
So I took that as my cue to leave.
As soon as her friends moved their car from behind me.
As soon as they got directions to their own houses..
Which only took 5 extra minutes.
I was now racing Sean to my house.
Luckily I called Roxie and she was a doll who cleaned up the treacherous land that is the bathroom.
Luckily my front room was cleaned.. Other than Bryce's Lego creation.
Oh well
He got there like 5 minutes after me.
I ran from the door when he knocked so I could put on mascara since I lost it all watching Les Mis.
I also earned a headache since I cried when I wasn't properly hydrated.
Thank goodness Sean's hugs take away my headaches.
That is when my bad day came to a close.
Thank goodness :)



Can I just say that your blog is the best? I can?! Your blog is the best. Plus it is super-duper funny. There...I said it!
ReplyDelete