April 8, 2013

The Proposal

I should probably tell the story of his proposal. right?


Ok everyone has probably already heard it but I just want to write it down so I can re-read it a million times over.

All I had told him about the proposal was that I wanted it to be "us".
He seemed confused by this at first but he definitely pulled it off.



So we'll start with the night before the proposal.

I have to first say that I had no idea he would be proposing anytime soon. He made it seem like he wanted a lot more time before even talking about marriage, let alone being engaged!

I'm still in shock that I'm officially engaged to him :)

I'm so happy!



Ahem. Anyways,



So on Friday he was gone almost all day running errands for his uncle and stuff. He said he wasn't sure if he'd be home that night or the next morning because it was a big errand.I was really missing him and I was texting him. I know I was bored because I actually finished all of my laundry.

Then I was sitting there and I thought, I should curl my hair!

I might as well, I have nothing else to do..

So I curled my hair and texted Sean.


"I curled my hair in hopes that it'd bring you home faster ;)"

To which he quickly responded with something along the lines of,


"Ok I'm coming!!"

"Seriously? Doesn't your uncle need your help?"

"I told him I had to come home. I'm leaving real soon."


So basically this went unplanned. I met up with him in Redmond and we just went for a walk.
That's actually all we did. We just walked over to the park and wrestled a bit. Then we kept walking and went over by what was apparently the lake.


I hadn't walked with him like that for a while so it was really a nice thing to spend that time just walking and talking.


When we started talking it seemed like Sean had something important to say. I mean I just felt like he really wanted me to leave knowing something with absolute certainty. If I hadn't taken part in the spontaneous planning I would have suspected something. I knew though that this was not planned beforehand so nothing would happen.


We were talking about friends and best friends. He was telling me how I was his best friend and he wanted to be with me forever.  He was telling me how happy he was to have found me. I swear it was so beautiful I started thinking, "This sounds like something someone says before they propose!" but I put that thought out of my mind because there was no way he was proposing.

And he didn't. He just said, "I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me."

That was the end of our conversation. No proposal. Just a really deep beautiful talk with him. It was nice though. To just talk about what we mean to each other. It was really romantic and great and it made me super glad that I got him to come home early so we could walk together.


So I was about to go home when he told me he wanted to celebrate my birthday the next day because I would be in Springville for my actual birthday.

So I said yes of course and he told me to look nice, and that we'd spend the whole day together and we'd go bowling. This all made sense because it was for my birthday so he had a reason to make it special for me.

And now for the actual day.

Saturday
April 6th 2013


I woke up and I felt magic in the air. I'm not even lying to you. I could feel that Saturday was a big day from the moment I woke up. My mind did slip to the idea of a proposal a few times but I kept telling myself that couldn't happen. I told myself that it was just special because it was my birthday.

I spent a good while getting ready and then headed over to Redmond.

I got there and watched General Conference with Sean and his family after we enjoyed a yummy pancake breakfast. It was pretty chill. It was great, but it was just fun and relaxing. We joked around, danced in the kitchen, and cuddled a lot. It was like every other day.

Then when conference was over he was like, "do you want to just go bowling now?"

And I was like,
"Sure, or we could go for our walk first and go bowling later."

But he didn't like that idea.

"No let's walk afterwards."



Well okay then Mr. Assertive...



So we went out to dinner before bowling. As we were driving to the Mexican restaurant we realized we weren't even hungry for real food. We just wanted dessert. So we got some fried ice cream. Which was very delicious by the way. It kind of reminded me of when we ate only dessert pizza at the Pizza Pie Cafe.

After that we went bowling. He put our names up at Peter and Starlight. Those have been our nicknames since we first met. That's even how we are in each other's phones.

So we bowled and we were AMAZING!!

NEVER had I seen so many gutter balls in a row.


It was just incredible.


WOW.

Final score: 
Starlight- 53
Peter-48

Now THAT takes talent.

I feel like he might have let me win though..



So after that fantastic display of our bowling abilities we went to the store to buy some cinnamon rolls to bake when we got home. This tradition started at the beginning of our relationship, so we didn't really realize we were doing it until we had bought the goodies.

That actually sounds like a condition...
Anyways, we headed home after that. When we got home before we even went inside he asked if I wanted to go on the walk then. I really like walks with him so of course I said I wanted to.
Then he asked where we should walk to, he said we could go to the park or the lake or wherever. So I chose the lake, because it's a longer walk.

So he grabbed his jacket, that he wouldn't let me touch at all, even though it wasn't cold yet... and we headed out! 

We started walking over there and just had a good time. It was like Friday's walk but a little lighter feeling. We were just enjoying each other's company. It was just fun and normal like how our walks normally were. Then we got to the lake and we stood and talked for a long while just looking over the water. It was nice and peaceful and all I wanted to do was hug him the whole time.

I guess he had a different idea though because he stepped away from me after a long hug and said,

"I really want to be with you, Kayli. There's just something I need to know first..."

This is where he went down on one knee and I bet you can  imagine what he said next.


"Will you marry me?"



2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS KAYLI!!! Amy told me you were engaged and I had to find out the story. I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I've been blogstalking you and I'm so excited for you to go on your mission! Good luck out there sister!

    ReplyDelete