So you know Pinterest? I joined it. I really don't see how people get addicted to pinning things though. Maybe I just don't ever find anything interesting because I'm so picky about what to pin. Maybe I just expected something better.
I was looking through other people's boards and stuff. And you know what? I think I figured out why everyone is addicted to it!
Every person that told me they were addicted to pinterest have one board in common. They all have a board dedicated solely on their dream wedding. Guess who doesn't have one of those? This girl.
Is it because I don't want to get married?
Umm no, that is most definitely going to happen.
Is it because I didn't see any cute wedding things that caught my eye?
Not so much, I saw plenty of cute things.
Is it because- Crap I can't think of anymore logical reasons why someone would not have that..
I guess I'll just have to tell you why I don't have that board..
I am super excited to fall in love, to get married in the temple, to have a cute little family with eight kids (does that still qualify as a cute little family?), I want all of those things. But I realized what makes me different...
Other girls have said things like "I really really just want to get married, I'm pretty sure I mostly want to for the wedding."
And so they plan it, and I think weddings are just beautiful too. But isn't the purpose of a wedding to bond you with the love of your life? To celebrate how you'll love each other forever? That's what I've always thought.
I've never understood how planning the wedding was more important than enjoying the fact that you were going to be with your love forever. Isn't that why the maid of honor takes on everything? I just feel like the true happiness is the person you're with. I personally don't want to be thinking about the wedding at all. I mean of course I'll get married and I'll celebrate but I want to celebrate not with expensive decorations and themed weddings that have colors that would make every other girl envious of my creativity. I don't even want to know there's a reception going on. I want to look into my husbands eyes as much as possible and just know that I couldn't be happier with any other person.
I recently saw a quote that I totally agree with...
It all makes sense! This is why those boards secretly bothered me! People are meant to be loved. And what are all of these girls doing? They're loving their weddings, hopefully not more than their husbands but more than they should. I'm not saying that I'm perfect or anything, I'm just saying that I believe this quote completely. I think this is my new philosophy.
And I'm also not saying that all of those girls who have a board about their wedding are possessed by the devil. I know that their great girls. Weddings are exciting things! It's one of the biggest parties you'll ever have! Weddings are just great and you do have a reason to celebrate.
I just worry that someone might forget that you have the wedding to celebrate the love you have with the man, not the other way around.


No comments:
Post a Comment