May 25, 2012

....continued

If you haven't already read the beginning of this story, read my last post: Car Stalking.

Where did I leave off? Oh yes, 
This is the story where I am now the creeper car.

So just yesterday I was driving to dance. I was going up the big hill right before my studio when I realized how very very slow the car in front of me was going. Like barely the speed limit!! Jk it was more like 32 in a 40mph zone. So pretty slow! Then I see that the big truck in front of me wasn't the slow one since he started to pass the turtle in front of him. 

I followed his lead since I don't really enjoy going slow and there was no one in the other lane.

Now I'm behind the truck again and he looks at me like i'm a little shifty or something. Yeah, I most definitely look like a shifty teenager I'm sure. So I kind of ignore him and continue to accidentally follow him towards my destination.

Just as I see the intersection I'm about to turn at he turns on his right blinker as if he's headed  for the entrance of the parking lot just before. So I give him some room and try to find an escape route if he's a moron about it. I kinda swerved (from the  edge of the lane[to give him room for his turn] back to center of the lane) when I realized he was turning at the intersection instead of before and he gave me a look like "Been driving long?" Or at least that's how I interpreted it at that moment. 

Now that I think about it it could have been more like, 

"What's your deal crazy chick? You better not be following me!"

So he turns right at the intersection and as I turn there and see his glare again I realize that he thinks I'm following him. And now he's looking a little bit angry.


And this is basically how I remember him looking. Big and mad and really scary.

So then I think to myself "oh please don't let him turn into the parking lot. Please, Please, Please!!!"
That's when I saw his blinker and two seconds later mine was on too.

I suppose I should have kept driving down the street and turned around later on, but I just started laughing at the irony and I figured I shouldn't ruin the story. So basically I'm laughing my head off when I turn into the parking lot and see his truck stopping in the middle of what used to be parking space lines. He clenches his jaw and jerks his gear shifter thingy into park. That's when I drove over to a real parking spot and tried not to laugh as I put the car in park and grabbed my dance bag and water bottle. I felt his eyes glaring at me when I opened my door and I thought I saw him reaching for his. That's when I stepped forwards towards the door displaying my dance studio's name and logo and he suddenly put it all together. 

I could only imagine what he was thinking...
Teenage girl, dance bag, water bottle, dance studio parking lot, maybe she WASN'T following me..

At that moment his face turned from a fierce angry "I'm gonna hit you so hard, it'll make your ancestors dizzy" red to a "that's actually really embarrassing" almost pink color. So I walked inside laughing to myself and out of the corner of my eye I see him awkwardly drive out of the parking lot.


Amazing how quickly we jump to the conclusion that we're being followed.

Have a great night and try not to follow any cars for too long.

Lot's of love :)

1 comment: