February 12, 2013

Dear Kayli

Today, and today only I am an advice column.

For myself.

Only I don't have the advice...


But here's a letter to myself.. From an anonymous me.


Dear Kayli,

          I'm living with roommates and everything is great. All of them are sweet as can be even though I barely see them. The one I actually live with is probably the sweetest and cutest of all of them. I hate to think mean or judging thoughts about someone so nice to me because really I adore her. It's just sometimes she's... naive. She just doesn't catch on like everyone else. I should hang out with her more because she thinks I'm great even though the only time I see her is the few moments I'm home everyday. She did say I'm her favorite roommate though, which actually makes me feel terrible because I know I'm probably the worst. I never spend time with her and I really should.
          That's not the problem though. The problem is that people can easily manipulate her. At the beginning of the school year she dated this weirdo jerk psuedonamed.... Kuzco. Yeah that works. so Kuzco dated her for about a week but my other roommates hated him and I just thought he was a little creepy because he'd come into our bedroom to wake her up at 7 in the morning. How he got past our insane security, I'll never know. I didn't say anything mean about him though because I was working on being more open to people and stuff.
          Anywho, one week after meeting her and dating they broke up. He told her his parole officer made him break up with her. Understandable until she saw him with a different girl the next day. Mmmmmmkay! Not very nice. I would hate him to the depths of the earth but one of my other roommates has that covered. I would have felt bad for her and comforted her but when she told me that she was smiling, almost laughing. But she must have been mad because she called him a jerk. So I guess I was confused as to how I'm supposed to respond. Like I didn't want to ruin her good mood but I didn't want to sound like it was no big deal.
          So recently Kuzco's been asking her to get back together with him, but she hates him. In the nicest way possible.So she keeps turning him down. This is where the problem starts. I guess he has this friend that he told about her, we'll call him Kronk. So Kronk gets her number and calls her. He tells her the he's friends with Kuzco but he hates him too. She's never met Kronk. During a phone call he asks her to be his girlfriend in about a month. I don't get it either, but whatever. She says ok and he's been calling her since.One night after a phone call she turns to me and says, "He just says I'm the type of girl he wants to marry."
          This confuses me because I've heard nearly every phone call between them. (She has the volume up way loud so I always hear the other person. I'm not eavesdropping because I'm never interested in hearing what she says, but I hear the conversations nonetheless.) It's not that I don't think any guy will like her like that, but putting the puzzle pieces together, it doesn't look good.

Naive girl + Jerk ex-boyfriend's friend who suddenly is head over heels for her WITHOUT meeting her first = Potential heartbreak for this poor roommate of mine.


          Although to be quite honest I don't think she feels heartbreak. She doesn't seem to feel anything other than contentment. Or maybe she just can't express it. That's what worries me. I wish I was a better roommate. I wish I knew how to warn her about this. But I'm not sure that he doesn't really care for her. But the odds are not really in her favor on this one. Last time I told a friend that the boy she was dating was not trustworthy we ended up not talking ever. Even after we "made up". It's just awkward now.

          I don't want that. But I don't want to sit her and watch her get hurt, even if she doesn't show it. What am I supposed to do? Do I even have a right to tell her my opinion when I'm not that close to her? It kills me to see people manipulated and tricked. I do care about her and her feelings. I just don't know if I can really tell her what I think when I don't know everything. I mean I barely even see her!

What do I do Kayli? What do I do?

Sincerely,
Roommate of the manipulated



Maybe you guys can respond? I'm way to lazy and bad at this to actually solve my own problem.

Lead me. Guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment